International Women's Day - March 8
PSAC Local 610 wishes to express solidarity with all of our sisters, brothers, friends, and allies in honour of International Women’s Day, which happens every year on March 8th.
We would like our membership to know about a solidarity rally for the International Women’s Strike, happening this Wednesday, March 8, at 12pm in Victoria Park. The organizers have stated the following as their core values:
- Solidarity with the struggles of women nationally and internationally
- An end to violence—both domestic and institutional—against all women and members of the LGBTQIA+ community
- Justice for missing and murdered First Nations women
- An end to racism and Islamophobia (immigrant rights and solidarity with Black Lives Matter)
- Labour rights, including equal pay for work of equal value and a 15-dollar minimum wage
- Full support for all social services
- Control over our bodies
- Environmental justice and a liveable planet
More information is available on the event’s Facebook page.