Notice of Nomination Period for 2017-2018 Elections
The nomination for all PSAC Local 610 officer positions (except the departmental stewards, and CRO) is now open and will end at 2pm on April 19, 2017.
The Election will take place in Somerville House room 3345 on April 26, 2017 starting at 4:30PM.
We are accepting nominations for the following officer positions. Information on each position is in our bylaws (updated bylaws passed at the AGM will be posted to the website, please read the AGM Package for the draft Bylaws and Policies).
Administration and Internal Communications Chair
External Communications Chair
Arts and Humanities Chief Steward
Biological Sciences Chief Steward
Physical Sciences Chief Steward
Social Sciences Chief Steward
Postdoctoral Chief Steward
Occupational Health and Safety Officer
No nominations will be accepted after 2pm on April 19, 2017
Nominations must be emailed to the following addresses:
and cc’d to
Nominations must indicate:
- The name of the person being nominated (self-nomination is acceptable);
- The position for which the person is being nominated.
Please note that:
Only members from within the respective faculty may nominate or stand for nominations for chief steward positions.
Incomplete nominations will result in disqualification. The campaigning period of one week will begin at 3pm April 19, 2017. Rules regarding campaigning are explained in the bylaws. Any campaigning prior to the beginning of the campaign period may result in disqualification.
A one page candidate statement (pdf or doc) may be submitted to the local office for dispersal to the membership. According to the following stipulations:
Statements shall meet the following criteria:
- Be no longer than one ‘letter sized’ page. Any pages beyond this will be discarded;
- At least 85% of written material shall be 12-point font or larger. Any font-style is acceptable;
- Margins may be of any size;
- Statements may contain any combination of written and pictorial content;
- Statements that are fallacious or libelous will result in disqualification of the candidate.
Statements will be dispersed by the local office one week prior to the general election meeting. They will be appended in alphabetical order of the candidates’ names.
Deadline for candidates’ statements is 2pm on April 19, 2017. Any statements received after this date will not be dispersed to the membership.
Statements must be emailed to the following addresses:
and cc’d to