UWOFA Graduate Intern
Position Title: UWOFA Graduate Intern
Employer: The University of Western Ontario Faculty Association
Salary: $30/hour exclusive of 5% pay in lieu of benefits and 6% vacation pay (for master’s student) and $32.50/hour exclusive of 5% pay in lieu of benefits and 6% vacation pay (for doctoral student)
Type of Appointment: temporary part-time contract
The University of Western Ontario Faculty Association (UWOFA) is seeking a Graduate Intern to support UWOFA operations. This position involves supporting all areas of operations including administration, communication, and mobilization. This position will work in consultation with UWOFA committee chairs and staff and report to the UWOFA President. This is a part-time contract position within CUPE Local 2361.2.
• Supporting operations through administrative and committee-related tasks such as scheduling meetings, completing room bookings, proofreading, assisting with calendars, events, organizing data, and tracking projects.
• Complete other operations tasks within the scope of the job overview, as assigned.
Education and Skills
• A bachelor’s degree
• Registered as a graduate student at Western University or within six months of completion of graduate degree • Strong oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently • Strong computer skills including ability to use Excel, Outlook, zoom
• Certificate in TCPS2 or equivalent
• Experience in research assistance and project management an asset
• Knowledge of labour and employment relations an asset.
Term and Compensation
• Anticipated contract dates are April 21, 2023 – August 31, 2023
• This is a hybrid position
The Faculty Association invites applications from all qualified individuals. UWOFA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disability, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact email@example.com.
Closes: Monday, April 17, 2023 end of business (4:30pm)
Contact: Letter of interest, resume, and list of 3 references may be submitted
electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org