All forms can be submitted by e-mail to our Administrative Assistant. Forms can also be submitted in person at our office 1313 Somerville House. We even have a dropbox outside our office for after hours submission. 

Flexible Credits

Postdoctoral Associates are provided with $1,400 in Flexible Credits to be allocated between a Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) and a Professional Expense Reimbursement (PER) Account. If you don't use all the credits they will be carried forward for one year.

For more information follow the link to Western University's Human Resource site, which discusses Flex Credits, and how and when to allocate them.

Financial Assistance Fund

The Financial Assistance Fund provides support to members who experience unexpected financial need. The following types of expenses can be funded up to $500/year:

1) Medical Emergencies

2) Personal Emergencies

3) Academic/Conference Travel

4) Child Care


Unfortunately, the fund is limited and we cannot offer funding to all applicants. The Union's Financial Assistance Committee determines priority.

Applications are now being accepted until 2pm December 20th, 2019.

Food Support Fund

The Food Support Fund administers and dispenses resources for members who experience financial shortage that affects their ability to purchase food. Each successful applicant will receive $75 in food bank vouchers, plus $25 for every dependent in their household (e.g., spouse, children) to a maximum of $175 per term.


Members who live with a partner who is also employed as a TA or Post-Doc at Western shall apply together on one form. Successful two-member applications receive $75 for each member (total $150), plus $25 for dependents to a maximum of $175 per term.

Employment Assistance Program

The Employee and Family Assistance Program services are provided by Morneau Shepell. It offers employees access to 24/7 crisis support, individual counselling, group therapy, and family services. Telephone assistance is available by calling 1-844-880-9142, more information can be found by following the link.

© PSAC 610