From: Gray, Patricia
Application Deadline: December 30, 2020
PhD candidates who are currently just beyond their normal TA eligibility period are welcome to apply. Graduate students in Biology programs will be given preference.
Biology 4338G ADVANCED DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY ONLINE(10 h per week, 100 hours over term) Duties may include some or all of the following:
1. Research and selection of primary research articles relevant to developmental biology and stem cells
2. Assist during lecture by clarifying and explaining concepts and posing questions to students in class
3. Responsible for presenting 4-5 lectures near the end of term on relevant topics
4. Creating groups and assigning topics for both presentations and 'news and views' reports and marking
5. Selecting midterm/final papers and assist with writing exams
6. Keeping OWL website up-to-date with course material and monitoring and answering questions on the forum
7. Marking of midterm and final exam (proctoring possible).
This position is subject to course and section enrollment. Application deadline: 4:00 pm Wednesday, December 30, 2020. Send the following information INLINE (NO ATTACHMENTS) to Tricia Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) via your UWO email account only. Communicate via email only, please. Full name, local phone contact, uwo email address, current program and status, name of supervisor with contact number and email, name of grad chair (if applicable) with contact number and email, brief description of subject background and teaching experience (or equivalent). Please do not send a CV or lists of publications. Applications that do not meet the above requirements or do not have the consent of supervisor(s) will not be considered.